0

Getting rid of what is no longer necessary...

Posted by Epilefo on 5/12/2009
Fotógrafo amateur en estado de interdicción*
[amateur photographer in state of interdiction*]

[* in roman /french law, a person who, on account of insanity has become incapable of controlling his own interests, can be put under the control of a guardian, who shall administer his affairs with the same effect as he might himself. Such a person is said to be an interdit and his status is described as 'interdiction.']

Rojas y fragantes, envueltas en celofán, como de seda.
[red and fragrant, wrapped in cellophane, almost silk-like]
Caballero gallardo espera sin cesar. Respuestas que nunca llegan.
[Gallant gentleman awaits endlessly. Awaiting a response that will never arrive]
Terracota: en ella guardo tus recuerdos. Quizás algún día vuelvan a florecer.
[Terracotta: in it I keep your memories. Perhaps, they will, with time, bloom again]
Nunca floreó por sí sola. Hubo que comprarle una docena de rosas.
[she never bloomed. it was necessary to buy her roses]
Verde, me gustas verde. Fragante y sutil. Como todas las plantas, hablas suavemente.
[green, I like you green. Fragrant and subtle. Like all plants, you speak softly.]
Pensamientos dolorosos. La vista perdida, la vida eterna.
[dolorous thoughts. Absentminded, eternal life]
Y así escondo mis ideas y pensamientos detrás de una cortina verde llamada vida.
Naturaleza muerta, vida en pausas.
[and here I hide my ideas and thoughts. I hide them behind a green curtain called life. Still life, paused life]
Pedregoso, afirmó ella. Nuestro camino siempre ha sido pedregoso.
[rocky, she said. our road has always been rocky]
Al partir, me quedé con el cactus y tu te llevaste mi cordura.
[when she left, I kept the cactus, she took my sanity]
Espinas, están por todas partes. Duelen, lastiman, pero no matan.
[thorns, they are everywhere. They hurt, they ache, but they won't kill you]
Tirado, vacío y lleno de todo. Nunca le perteneció a nadie.
[down, empty and full of everything. Never belonged to her]
Cuando te fuiste, las cosas quedaron intactas. Todavía me queda recoger los pedazos de vida que se quedaron en el jardín.
[when you left, things remained untouched. I still need to pick up the pieces of life I left around the garden]
Esperé pacientemente cerca del estanque. Interminablemente. Todos los días, hasta que comenzó a llover. Llovió sin cesar por días. Lluvia salada. Todavía me gusta sentarme ahí. Pero ya no espero.
[I waited patiently by the pond. Endlessly. Everyday. Until it started raining. I rained endlessly for days. It was salty rain. I still sit there, often. I no longer wait, though.
Perdido en la profundidad del pensamiento. De mis pensamientos. Sobre ti.
[lost in the profundity of my thoughts. of my thoughts. of you]
Corazón de palma. Nunca le perteneció a nadie. Siempre estuvo disponible, pero nadie lo quiso.
[palm's heart. it never belonged to anyone. always available, no one wanted it.]
Rosas, fragantes. Sin respuestas, sólo silencio. Silencio.
[roses, fragrance. No answer, only silence. silence.]

0 Comments

Publicar un comentario

Copyright © 2009 miscelánea madero All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.